The Environmental Health programme of PICOMS prepares graduate by develops a high sense of commitment in all areas of environmental health. Environmental Health students also will be concerned with all aspects of the natural and built environment that may affect human health. Others, the students also can gather excellent knowledge and skills and able to apply these aspects while working in different fields of environmental health.
AIM OF STUDY
The Diploma in Environmental Health is a three year programme which aims to provide students with the basic education in sciences.
In order to achieve this, the syllabus has been designed to provide you initially with a strong ground in basic sciences and environmental health subjects (Microbiology, Food Technology, Water Quality and Surveillance, Disease Control, Environmental Assessment, Epidemiology and Biostatictics, Food Hygiene and Safety, Law and Enforcement, Hygiene Industry, Envrionmental Toxicology, Pest and Vector Control, Wastewater Management, Occupational Safety and Health, Solid Waste and Hazardous Waste Management), which are relevant to an understanding of the health sciences.
DURATION OF STUDY
Credit hour : 94 credit hours
Duration of study : 3 years (6 semesters)
- Passed SPM / SPMV / O-Level with minimum 3 credits; 1 of which must be from a Science subject.
- Passed Certificate from IPTS approved by Ministry of Higher Education with Standard Minimum; or
- Any qualifications that are recognized by the Malaysian Government; or
- Overseas qualifications that are recognized by the Malaysian Government.
Diploma in Environmental Health graduates may find work in various job and places such as follow :
- Ministry of Health such as Pejabat Kesihatan Daerah (Assistant Environmental Health Officer)
- Majlis Perbandaran
- Ministry of Housing and Local Government
- Water industries
- Solid waste management company
- Food industries
- Private industries (Environmental Assessment Consultant, Safety and Health Officer, Hygienist)
- Environmental departments
- Sewage industries such as Indah Water Konsortium.
- Port authorities
- Universities and college
- Pest Vector industries
- Suppliers at Health Equipment Company
FURTHER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
A very promising chance to continue with the local universities. Many Environmental Health Assistant Officer who registered and are working to further their studies in the field of:
- Bachelor of Environmental Health (Honors)
- Bachelor of Science (Environment & Health)
- Bachelor of Environmental Science & Technology
- Bachelor of Environmental Management
- Bachelor of Environmental Health & Safety (Honors)
- Bachelor of Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Environmental Industrial Safety and Health