The mission of Alumni Relations is to maintain a lifelong relationship with alumni through opportunities and benefits that promote interaction and engagement with Wits and facilitates their contribution to the advancement and success of PICOMS .
- To uplift the spirit of co-orperation and camaderie between its alumni members and to provide a linkage and strong bonding as between the alumni members with students currently undergoing programs at PICOMS.
- To implement an alumni liaison programme that will encourage alumni to identify themselves with PICOMS; to generate and sustain interest and participation in University affairs; to inspire alumni to contribute to the development of PICOMS and the promotion of its good name and reputation, locally and internationally; to build and enhance relationships with alumni.
- To provide a focal point of contact among alumni through the implementation of a programme of reunions, events and functions; through printed and electronic communications; and through the creation of networking opportunities for self- development.
- To establish and maintain an alumni structure that facilitates and enhances the relationship between PICOMS and its alumni. This includes establishing and servicing alumni associations/chapters/clubs and facilitating and arranging meetings.
- To support an effective advancement programme through collaboration and cooperation with all entities in PICOMS Alumni Department in the implementation of an alumni programme.
- To strengthen ties between PICOMS and alumni and encourage them to participate in the various cultural, social and other activities.